...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

2 March 2012

PARISIAN PERFECTION: OLIVIA PALERMO

 
 
I will make no secret of the fact that I LOVE Olivia Palermo. Idolise her even. She has been my style icon for many years now, right back to the time when she first appeared on The City. Ever since she stepped onto the fashion scene, I have found it impossible to find someone who is as flawless, tasteful, chic and sophisticated as she is...and oh-so-effortless!

 
There's no doubt about how influential she's been on my own wardrobe, my style choices and day to-day outfits so when it came down to choosing my first 'Style Inspiration', there was no question about who I would write about. As it is currently Paris Fashion Week, my first post about Olivia is of her attending the Dior show at Rodin's museum earlier today. I absolutely adore the outfit she pulled...simply working copper tones with black in a beautiful splash-print dress accessorised with a metallic clutch and gorgeous detailed-design heels. Of course, Olivia wouldn't be Olivia without her statement jewellery pieces including her favoured gold Rolex, vintage bracelet and cocktail ring. She wore her hair in a braided plait style that I have never seen her wear before but it definitely suits her! The whole ensemble is perfect as metallics have seen to be trending in the Autumn/Winter shows and will be a definite statement for next season.
 

Olivia with Johannes at the Hogan by Karl Lagerfeld Party the day before.